Thursday 25 August 2016

A lone diner

Sitting alone
in ABCOS Food Plaza
I wonder
how blissful
is solitude!

A woman
in aquamarine
a mother-
middle-aged,
a wife;
Her years
of domesticity
settled
and pleasantly ripe.

I am awkward
as she
is joined
by family
and friends-
all together
happier
and fairer,
while I
write these
self-consoling lines
in ABCOS Food Plaza
:a wannabe loner.

Solitude here
-a choice?

Then there are
four gentlemen.
While collar,
blackberry
and sherry;
politics, office(?)
school system,
rainy days
and
sewer maintenance!

While sitting
in a quiet corner
I wonder
again...
Solitude here
-a choice?
Will I ever
share
a world,
a home
they agnize?

I'll go back
from ABCOS Food Plaza.
But where?
Whom
will I ask
to dine
with me?
(at least once
every day...)











2 comments:

  1. Still the lone diner? Who do you keep waiting for...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mystic Musician & Kumar : Well the poem might be a story of not just the writer but many others...
    I would like to think that now she is at peace with her solitude, it no longer bothers her but has become a good friend... And the lone diner is finally happy to be so... :)

    ReplyDelete